Old November 17th 10, 04:21 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Default Winter Golf Trip

On Nov 17, 7:35*am, pigo wrote:
On Nov 16, 7:06*pm, Richard Henry wrote:

I have half a mind to do an I-15 ski trip this winter, hitting a a
dozen or so ski areas along the interstate. *Your golf location is
right off I-15, but I don't think the skiing in that area is worth
much.

There is a little local hill near Vegas. Mt. Charleston rings a bell?
But just up the road a piece it starts to get REAL interesting!

My tentative plan starts at Mountain High* (closest SoCal skiing to
I-15) and ends somewhere in Montana, with a stop or two in every
state. I guess Mt. Charleston is the only choice in southern Nevada.
Anybody know anything about it?

The current list:

California: Mt. High (?)
Nevada: Mt. Charleston (?)
Utah: One south, one north, areas I have never skied.
Idaho: Sun Valley (Hemingway effect) and perhaps one other
Montana: ???

And then, of course, the return trip, which may or may not be on
I-15.

*Although Bev has almost talked me out of MH.