Old July 10th 03, 06:08 PM
kayakclc

Default Foot stress while roller skiing

Clearly this is alignment problem.

Pressure on one side of foot is a balance problem and orthoics address

Maybe maybe not, this has been very helpful and as I visualize all the
input the more I think my original assesment is correct (worn out
boots). The only balance issues are when I transition between
rollerblades and rollerskis, I find it takes me about 100 yds to catch
up to the blades or let the skis catch up to me depending on which I'm
transitioning to.

Picture standing on the narrow side of a 2x4, that's pretty easy to
"edge". Now stand on the wide side(I have wide wheels), that takes
more effort. Next suppose you only have sox on in order to get that
2x4 on edge, your going to have alot of pressure on the inside/bottom
and the outside/top of the foot whether your in balance or not. That's
the same way you roll a kayak - push down on 1 side and push up on the
other.

I suppose it's possible that I am fundamentaly wrong, in which case
PLEASE let me know.