Old October 5th 07, 09:21 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Bas Mevissen

Default As long as we're on the subject (board suggestions)

On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 20:07:08 +0000, nicotine wrote:

First off, I'd like to say thanks to all the readers/posters of this
board that lead me to purchase my first snowboard, a Donek Wide 165.
That was two years ago, and things have changed slightly since then.
Back when I purchased the Donek, I was 5'10", and weighed 250+lbs with a
size 10 US boot. Well, I'm still 5'10" with a size 10 boot, but I'm
down around 180lbs now, and I'm worried about the affect that this will
have on my ability to control my current board.

Well, I'm 193cm and 85kg and have a Nitro Magnum wide board of 165cm
length. It's fine with me for mostly all-mountain riding and some
occasional park (since only recently). For real carving and high speed
riding, I should chosse a 168 one. But because I also use it a lot indoor,

So I would not worry too much about the board. You are a bit smaller than
I, but the weight is almost the same. Maybe, if you would buy a new one,
you could buy a non-wide of about the same length. Then you keep this one
for loose powder :-)

--
Bas.