Old May 9th 07, 03:51 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default nordictrack ankle strap

My first thought was something similar to Jim's. But then, I wonder if
the problem you're trying to address isn't that of the slop created by
the leg going back. Unlike with a ski binding, the toe holder cannot
fully follow the foot and so there's readjustment coming forward each
time. I recall my foot slipping out of the toe holder from time to time.
I think that problem is inherent in the design of any machine with
individual leg motion. With the Nordic Track, though, I'm not seeing why
you'd want to limit your leg motion with an ankle strap.

rm

Jim wrote:

My experience is if you properly unweight your forward driving foot it
will seat
correctly in the tow cup everytime. I always thought this was a good
design
feature because it forced you to use good technique.

Jim

wrote:
On May 6, 10:01 pm, "
wrote:
On May 6, 8:11 pm, wrote:

Have any nordictrack ski machine users out there seen an ankle
strap that will keep your foot securely in place? If one is not
available, I'm going to make one out of webbing and buckles.
Best would be