Old October 24th 17, 12:05 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jay Pique[_2_]

Default Interesting article on Bloomberg today.. “Six Glorious Places to Ski This Season”

On Monday, October 23, 2017 at 10:56:36 AM UTC-4, Eviel Dewar wrote:
On Saturday, October 21, 2017 at 4:39:56 PM UTC-4, Ted wrote:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...ki-this-season

My commentary....

Crested Butte is much more for “Adventure Junkies” than anything that Taos offers.. Niseko is great for boring blue cruisers, but I tended to go off trail to find any thrill.. (I will desist from commenting on their powder choice, but then again I am bias about Mt. Baker, which is always a 50/50 the best day ever/or the worst day ever skiing) Now I am interested in going to Georgia and Gudaur..

Why wouldn't they pick Snowbird/Alta for powder?

I'd rather ski Mad River Glen in the rain than expose myself to Utards.