Old December 20th 04, 03:51 PM
snoig

I've found that with Vail, if you stay on the front side of the
mountain in the morning you can usually avoid the crowds. I think
people tend to flock to the back bowls that have only one or two ways
out which cause long lines. I've been there on days when people here
on rsam were posting about 45 minute lift lines and I only waited in
one longer than 5 minutes (and I timed them). We started at Lions Head
which was a 20 minute wait then worked our way over to the Highline
area and back. I find this is a pretty good strategy. If you are at
the top of Highline around noon, you can check out the back bowls and
get where you want to go while everyone is eating lunch. I usually
find Sunup and Sundown to be the most crowded areas.

snoig