Old February 12th 07, 06:37 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
lonerider

Default Libtech

On Feb 12, 9:11 am, wrote:
Can anyone describe how a libtech feels? crazy question? Rode a gnu
years ago and it just felt odd, plastic? Been riding burtons and i
like them because they feel like wood, very predictable rides.
Would like to make a move to a mullet and try magna traction.
Feed back would be great thanks.

It's a little bit of a silly question (I wonder if the Burton aluminum
core "rides like wood") although I guess I have ridden a Titanal board
with no wood in it (awesome ride).

If you check out my recent board reviews post, I recently ridden a '07
LibTech Magnetraction, Phoenix, and Rice Rocket. The Magnetraction has
a wood core from the website and rode like a semi-damp, stiff wood
core to me. The Phoenix also has a wood core plus basalt fiber (versus
fiberglass) that feels a little different, but in a good way (lighter,
more pop). I didn't ride the Mullet, but it has a wood core as well
(don't know if will "feel" like a woodcore).

Where do you live? Unless you are getting some very icy (I don't mean
frozen hardpack) slopes, I don't think you will need the
Magnetraction, it has a ton of edgehold - but it doesn't quite carve
with a smooth thrust (imagine cutting a tomato with a breadknife). I
only got half a day on the Magnetraction, and while I was able to
control it the whole time (even on spins in the park). I wouldn't say
it way 100% predictable, of course I don't know what the base bevel
was and I didn't have much time to get used to it. I grew up on the
East Coast and moved out West.

Good luck