Old March 22nd 04, 03:25 PM

Default Giants Ridge Training Center - Minnecentric topic

Hi Marsh,

Good to meet you up at the Ridge. I've heard the Training Center
closure was a one-time deal. Apparently some group rented out the
whole thing and wanted exclusive access. I agree that the Training
Center is a much nicer place to hang out than the main lodge.

In my dreams, they will build a new x-c lodge up at the top of the
golf course to solve the two main problems with skiing at the Ridge:
1) sharing a stadium area with the downhillers and 2) -5000F windchills
when skiing up the golf course at the beginning/end of every ski.

Cheers,
Brian

In article XgP4c.3143$SR1.10435@attbi_s04, Marsh Jones wrote:
For the past 6 or so years, since I moved to MN, I've been going to
Giants Ridge to ski as often as I could. We've always been welcome to
'set up camp' in the training center lobby whether you stayed in the
dorm or not. Imagine my surprise upon arriving this morning with my
boys and finding out that the whole training center was 'closed' to
anyone not staying there this weekend.