Old November 29th 07, 03:36 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
calvahead

Default February Half-term - crowds

Hi Andy

Looks like you have it sorted, if not you may wish to look at Thyon
2000, Les Masses, Les Collons. This is part of the 4 valleys system
but much less commercial the Verbier and very few Q's and crowds.

Have a look at http://www.chalet-chasseur.co.uk/. We are booked for
that week but if you would like some info on where to stay don't
hesitate to contact me.

Have a great hols

calvahead

On Nov 26, 10:08 pm, " Andy.Cooke.
wrote:
Hi,

Despite desperately trying to get any other possible time to go, it
looks as though my wife and I are stuck with going skiing in the week
of the February half-term (Saturday 16th February - 23rd Feb).

The price hikes are painful enough, but if we're going to have to pay
through the nose, the crowds are going to rub salt into the wounds.
Where is best to go to avoid pistes like the M25 and half-hour queues
for lifts?

It's got to be Europe, and the following resorts look the closest to
being affordable:

Alpe d'Huez
La Plagne
Serre Chevalier
Flaine
Hopfgarten
Verbier
Pas de la Casa
Saas Fee

I'd really appreciate any steers. On the comfort/affordability front,
the Alpe d'Huez, Pas de la Casa and La Plagne options look nice, but
I'm concerned about their popularity - will everyone be there?

Cheers,

Andy Cooke