Old November 19th 07, 05:36 PM posted to rec.skiing.backcountry,rec.skiing.nordic,rec.skiing
Matt

Default Family XC skiing in Quebec

Oleg:

Noone else has responded yet so..........

Mont. Ste. Anne, outside of Quebec City, is supposed to a very good place
for both DH &XC. I've heard it described more than once, from both friends
& internet descriptions, as the best in the East, possibly in North America.
I have not yet visited this resort though so take this with a grain of salt.
Here's their homepage: http://www.mont-sainte-anne.com/ for more info.

I have skied the Gatineau, across the Ottawa River from Ottawa. A great
place for XC but not a resort. There is a DH area there but I know nothing
about it. Ottawa is a great city though and it's less than 15 minutes away.
Not near Quebec City but somewhat close the Tremblant.

I know nothing of the XC opportunities at Tremblant.

MOO,
Matt

"Oleg Konovalov" wrote in message
Hi,

I would like to come to Quebec for Christmas vacation
with my family (incl. 13 yrs old son and friends kids - 16-18).

Could you recommend a good place for cross-country skiing
[snow for Christmas, lots of intermediate trails, good rental skis]
in the area where it's not boring for family with older kids,
some entertainment exists (say, bowling or some museums or
smth else to do).
A little alpine [with bunny slopes] might be an option too.

I was thinking maybe of Mt. Tremblant or Quebec area,
but don't know either.

Any suggestions ?

Thank you in advance,
Oleg