Old September 25th 04, 02:40 AM
m and m

I'm getting a kayak from a good friend and high school coach of mine! I'll
be able to get my heart rate up. Hope I can double pole in two weeks, as
long as i dont move my ankle side-ways. I might be able to skate in 4
weeks...i hope. I'm not sure when the running will start...maybe not till
next spring, oh well, i like skiing a heck of a lot more than running.
Another good friend is giving me some bungy straps the russians use for ski
specific arm training. Hope I dont lose too much in the next month or two.
Thanks to everyone for the advise.

Matt Liebsch

"m and m" wrote in message
Has anyone fractured their ankle(lower fibula) while running? Becasue I
did yesterday afternoon while on a 2 hr run; had to limp almost 3 miles
back to my car. The doc down at the UofM says I'll be out for 4 to 6
weeks. I was wondering if anyone has experienced this type of injury and
what affect it had on their ski season, and how long it took until
rollerskiing or running was possible. I would greatly appreciate any
advice on how to try an salvage any aerobic capacity. I will be doing
strenght stuff, but im in a walking cast and cant even swim, becasuse they
want my foot positioned a certain way. Hope I dont gain weight, I've beed
training 9 to 13 hrs a week, and I eat like a horse. Anybody got any meds
that heal bones?haha.

Matt Liebsch
-i never hurt my self during the ski season, mmmm...soft white and
forgiving snow