Old November 5th 03, 01:07 AM
Chequama Mama

Default Pilot Boots with Classic Skis? What binding?

Mark
In answer to your question, your boots will work just fine with profil
bindings on a classic ski. I have heard of some people pulling toe pins
out of pilot boots when used extensively with Profil bindings. I don't
really know how much of a problem that is.

Just in case you're interested. I've got a pair of Active 9 classic
boots in a 44 2/3 (USA 10.5) that have very few km's on them that I'm
probably going to sell for ~$100 since they're too big for me. If
you're interested I can sit down and do the math and figure out how
little I can sell them for.

Paul

Mark Frost wrote:
Hi All,
I have a pair of Salomon Active 9 Pilot skate boots, and Pilot bindings for
my skate skis.

Question. If I am too cheap (read: spouse won't go for another XC Ski boot
purchase) to buy a second pair of boots... and I want to buy some racing
classic skis... how well does the pilot boot work for classic? I am not so
worried about the height of the cuff, just the Pilot system. Would I use a
Profil binding (will the boot fit?), or would I use the Pilot system on a
classic ski (I'm guessing no).

(I do have some heavyweight metal edged backcountry skis, with heavy Alpina
boots... but I am looking for a faster classic setup.)

Thanks in advance.

--
Remove the caps to reply
Nordic Nuts