Old November 6th 03, 04:03 PM
Greg

Chocolate Moose wrote:

Yikes. 10cm?? I'm 150lbs, 5-8 and skiing on 170cm skis (Elan Mantis 10
midfat all-mountain). Seriously?? 160cm?

I'm 5'11', 200 lbs and am skiing on 178s. I'm considering going to 170s
Don't be afraid of short skis, unless you need to go really, really
fast. Short skis are lighter and are more maneuverable in tight spots.

I know that it's hard to consider really short skis if you are
indoctrinated with the long ski dogma. Over the last twenty years
my ski length has gone:

160-185-195-204-190-178-(170??)

This was a progression from beginner on short skis to competent skier in
the long ski school of thought then to backcountry skiing.

160 cm should be fine for you. Don't be afraid. You should see if you
can try a pair.

-Greg