Old January 20th 05, 10:00 AM
Champ

On 19 Jan 2005 11:15:21 -0800, "Simon Burrows"
wrote:

I've just come back from riding Heavenly in Tahoe with my girlfriend
(just before Christmas) where we were a bit spoilt as boarders... 4
parks, halfpipe (although it wasn't open yet) etc... now I've just
arranged 4 days in Chamonix with some mates from work. They're all
skiers, so they'll be fine... but what's the scene like for
snowboarding there? I do a bit of freeride and stuff, but I'm mainly
into freestyle... do they have any parks or pipes around?

Hmmm. I'm tempted to comment that going to Chamonix and riding the
park is like going to an indian restaurant and ordering steak and
chips. But mebbe that's cos I'm crap at freestyle :-)

The only place in the Cham valley I've seen a hint of a proper pipe is
onthe Grands Montets. However, Flegere, Brevant and the whole Grands
Montets area usually have loads of natural hits which evolve a few
days after snow fall, and then just get bigger and harder as the sun
bakes them :-)

Any info greatly appreciated! Oh, and if there's any riders from around
the Bristol, UK area gimme a shout.. I live about 2 miles from the dry
slope at Churchill, just thinking about rejoining

I learnt on the dry slope in Gloucester, but you'd have to pay me
proper money to get me back on a dry slope now.

plug If you're looking for a good shop, try Noah's Ark in Chalford,
Stroud - not too far from you. Web site here : www.noahsark.co.uk

--
Champ