Old November 30th 04, 04:18 AM
Mark Andrews

Default Burton Custom too much for a newbie?

Hey Guys,
I know you're probably sick of new guys asking questions about which
board to buy, but it really is a confusing thrasher world out there.
I'm new to snowboarding but have been skiing for 25 years (I've
boarded 3 times on borrowed equipment). I have always bought top of
the line ski equipment and never regretted it. I'm riding Mammoth
mountain, and many of my boarder friends have recommended Burton. I've
spent the past 5 days doing research on the net and have narrowed my
choices down to a Burton Cruzer and a Burton Custom. I'm aware of the
differences in quality, my only concern is that the Custom may not be
forgiving enough for a newbie. I've read many glowing reviews about
how forgiving the Cruzer is, but I don't want to be regretting buying
it next season after "forgiving" is not that much of a concern. I'm
planning on boarding at least 20 to 30 days this year. I'm 6'2"
210lbs, I'm looking at a board in the 160+ range. Any advice you can
give would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Mark