Old November 22nd 05, 04:37 PM

You DO need some overhand on freestyle gear if you want to be able to
edge.

I don't agree. I tried setting my Catek Freeride bidnings up on my Donek
wide such that I had no overhang, no underhang. I was railing it just
fine - better than fine, as a matter of fact. The only problem I ran into
was my boots flexing on an axis where they weren't stiff enough, so I backed
off on the angles a bit, giving me 3/8" overhang all around which is what I
usually prefer in softies. Much more than 3/8" and I start dragging my
boots in a hard carve.

Mike T