Old December 18th 09, 02:28 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

Default Accommodation

On Dec 17, 8:04*am, Richard Henry wrote:
On Dec 17, 2:47*am, "David" wrote:

"Dave Stallard" wrote in message
Who don't know how to pronounce "aluminum", , "lieutenant",

Aluminium : Al you min eee um

Lieutenant : Lef tennant

A lot of Indians I know say "boot" to mean "trunk (of a *car*, LOL).

Elephants have trunks, cars have boots.

And WTF is this business about "pavement" being found NEXT to a road?? The
pavement IS the road! * Unless it's a dirt aka (unpaved) road.

No the road is the road, the pavement is a paved path.

A soccer coach once told me he always keeps a pair of boots in the
boot.

Why? Just in case he has an EMERGENCY SOCCER GAME?