Old November 5th 04, 03:26 PM
Rob

My mates went and came back with a similar story re nighlife and
limited skiing. Also, the eastern dolomites tend to be less
predicatble with regards snow, so that time of year could be a bit
dodgy. Personally i'd recommend Selva (but caveat about snow
conditions applies)

Bah Humbug
Scrooge

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 23:34:54 -0700, "Martino"
wrote:

Madonna is a two built for skiers; it has no history no traditions, etc.
Christmas and New Year in Italy might be great but I would do it in a town
with some locals, old architecture, shops with owners remembering WWI, ..,
and, of course, good conditions for skiing.

Going to Madonna is like going to almost any US ski resorts: almost nothing
but skiing (this is not to start a new topic) - I much rather prefer the
eastern Dolomites (on the other side of A22).

Martino.

"Switters" wrote in message
.. .
I was wondering about doing Italy for xmas and New Year, even though it's
getting on a bit. Like the sound of Madonna di Campaglio, although the
elevation seems low for early season. Any previous experiences of the
place. Would Cervinia be better with the higher base? Also, what's the
crowd situation? Are both flooded with masses of locals and tourists, or
is it not too bad? TIA.

- Dave.

http://www.vpas.org/ - Snowboarding the worlds pow pow -
Securing your e-mail