Old April 25th 07, 11:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

Default Scottie Sighting

In article ,
(Jeff Davis) wrote:

In article .com,
Richard Henry wrote:

So you're getting back to the original question: if the lift is
caused by the "velocity of air over the wing. Basic ****." then how
does the plane fly with the wing upside-down, and the air-velocity-
induced lift presumably pointing down?

Who says the lift is presumably pointing down? Ever seen a F-16 go
verticle? How does that happen? BTW- your rookie Angel augered in.
I suppose his avation skills were less than he imagined. Much like
your cognitive skills are limited by your techical education.

Indeed, Jeff. If your explanation about shape explains lift, how *does*
it happen?

Those of us with an understanding of how lift is actually created
already know the correct answer, but your explanation should be very
amusing.

--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone and how he missed