Old February 8th 05, 06:24 PM
Neil Gendzwill

Andrej wrote:

I was looking on the net that different brands of snowboards and models have
a different length for the same weight.
For example I was looking for a pure freeride board (wide) and I found that
with my weight (166 lbs - 75kg) some recommend 160 and some 168.
Does that mean that the a 168 board of one brand will be as good for me as a
160 of another brand?

Yes. Length is only one factor. If the manufacturer is doing their job
right, they are recommending a length that works for your weight in
combination with the flex pattern and design intent of the board.

You have to now consider what you personally want the board for. Either
will probably work fine for regular riding on groomed slopes. If your
intent is to ride fast and you like powder, maybe the 168 would be a
better choice as the extra length will make it a little more stable and
have better float. If you like to do tricks and spin, the 160 would be
better as the shorter length and lower swing weight will make the board
spin more easily. If you are tall for your weight, you might be more
comfortable on a roomier board, and vice-versa. If you are an
inexperienced rider, shorter is usually easier.

Neil