Old January 6th 05, 02:53 PM
STREBOR

Hi, Luc,

Luke Here.

Steve's info is good. I go to St Anton frequently and love it's off piste!

This will be my first trip to St-Anton starting Jan 22. We are a group
of strong intermediate and expert skiers. Which are the best areas for
off- piste, where are the most challenging runs? Do we need a guide?

I like Stuben most. It's usually not as busy as the Valluga and the St Anton
area. Two old lifts get you up to paradise. After that there are runs that
start at the top of the lift and end near the bottom at Stuben again, and
you won't see a piste all the way down. Beware though. Don't simply go
flying down the montains! I have seen many a skier on the edge of a small
cliff at Stuben. Study the mountains as you go up in the chairs first! The
Albona is a great mountain slope to go down at Stuben. Get out of the ablona
II lift and carry on straight on and a bit to your left. No hike needed and
you will get to the albona slope. When you see the weird huge concrete dice
like building (which is an airduct for the tunnel under the Albona
mountain), aim your board or skies straight down, build up speed and enjoy
super G turns :-)

Also the trip to Langen is great! You can get a train back to St Abton, or
gt a minicab back to Stuben.

Can we ski to Lech and Zurs or do we have to take a shuttle?
Any do's and don'ts? All info appreciated.
Also info on restaurants and night life also appreciated.

If you like Austrian Apres ski, visit Mooser Wirt. You can't miss ist as it
is on the slopes and is allways busy (in and out!). The server an exellent
lunch! Also the PostKeller is good for Apres Ski and live music. Later in
the evening try the Funky Chicken (they server excellent food!).

We are staying at the Montjolla Hotel....can we ski back to hotel?

The first time I went to St Anton, I stayed here too. A good hotel,
excellent food, but unfortunatly *if you like the apres ski* it's up the
hill again. It's a 10m walk or a shuttle, but we were allways to late for
the last shuttle ;-) Also, even if you skip the apres ski, you can't ski to
it, as behind it there is a stream and a gorge.

Have Fun,

Luke

Thanks,

Luc