Old January 25th 08, 11:00 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

Default WOW! Andrew Mclean on on the Colbert Report

In article ,
The Real Bev wrote:

ant wrote:

Walt wrote:

This works *if* you have all your Flash crap installed and tweaked
just right, and *if* you have a high enough bandwidth connection.

Tweak? I've never seen anything tweakable with my flash installation.

Missing either one? You're SOL.

I don't know why all the ski and car websites insist on having massive
flash
sites that won't even show you anything unless you'll let flash run rampant
all over your machine. I wanted to look at a new car on Mr Bishi's
website,
but without flash just got a big black screen. They obviously don't want
make money.

Firefox with the flashblock add-on should make you happy. You only see
the flash that you choose to see, everything else is just a button.

I don't understand why commercial websites make it difficult to find
information. Nobody goes there for entertainment, they go to find out
something specific about a specific product.

Lot's of people misunderstand how a website is used. They seem to see it
as a different kind of advertisement.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia