Old March 18th 13, 06:38 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier[_3_]

Default Interesting Thought

On 3/18/2013 3:02 PM, lal_truckee wrote:
On 3/18/13 11:15 AM, VtSkier wrote:

Common sense works better for a group than it
does for an individual.

Mass hysteria counter statement.
Part of our problem is group-think claiming to have "common sense" on
their side while spouting some truly alarming and nonsensical ideas.

Well, yeah, but mutiny against an unstable commander was reasonably
common in those days or so the literature would have us believe.

And then the "Yeahbut!" of we're not talking about ideas here, we're
talking about 'most' members of a group understanding the values they
were brought up with. As in, "Thou shalt not kill." Whether you are
religious or not, this is stuck in the back of the brains of most sane
people.

I know, I know, you are going to bring up the subject of mob mentality
and the event of a riot. And I'm going to say that there is usually a
modicum of real provocation for this kind of behavior, not like some
sicko plotting "revenge" on those who have "done him wrong."