Old December 25th 10, 01:08 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Meg

Default temporary wax for waxless skis when all stores are closed?

Thanks so much for all the replies. I've been keeping the skis in my
unheated 3 season porch.

I'm new at this - the skis have no wax on them glide or any type -
they are waxless so I didn't think they needed any at first - I now
read that is not true. The snow is mostly sticking to the fishtail
area. I need to do obviously some reading up on maintenance and order
some of the right wax.

I did get a video on the basics of how to ski - I know not ideal but
since I'm not really in an area where there are teachers, it was
better then nothing to just get going, but it didn't really go over
maintenance. The concept seems fairly similar to figure skating - how
you transfer your weight from side to side and glide, even though the
motion is different. It seems to be going pretty well except for the
snow sticking yesterday.

We were right around 32 degrees. I've used them about 3 times before
this with no trouble, but it was more in the teens and a powdery snow.