Old February 11th 04, 05:36 AM
uglymoney

Default car rental Salt Lake City: Is a full car needed

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 05:50:27 GMT, uglymoney
wrote:

On
Get the Focus, its a good roomy compact sedan, then pick up a set of
cable chains at a local discount retailer for $18 bucks if you need
them, and your good to go. Thats what I have done. I've had Hyundai
fwd rentals where no rentals should go. Cables are a pain in the ass,
but if it takes 15 minutes of messing around to save 250+ dollars it
is time well spent,

Sorry to reply to myself, but I left out an important component. Be
sure to buy or pack some good bungie cords for your cables/chains.
Usually two per tire works well. If they suspect you have used
chains/cables the rental companies will likely closely inspect the
inside of the wheel well for damage. With a proper bungie cord use,
damage won't be an issue.

nate