Old September 17th 14, 03:52 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Champ[_2_]

Default Engleberg skiing

On Wed, 17 Sep 2014 12:13:27 +0000 (UTC), Switters
wrote:

On Wed, 17 Sep 2014 10:18:53 GMT, Ace wrote:

Have you gone for the split boards yet, or do you still limit your
possibilities by using only snowshoes for backcountry access?

I've managed to limit my possibilities by going on all my trips with my
Mrs.

We really must get you out to Engelberg. Iain loved it when he came
out, and I'm pretty sure you would too. And there's enough options
that you could bring K with you, and dip off for an off-piste run
without abandoning her completely.

I've not done any proper backcountry stuff for quite a while and if
sanity prevails, I'd get some avalanche awareness re-training before doing
so again.

Can't just put on a Pieps and call time-out if I don't like the way things
are going.

If only we knew someone involved with a ski school who might be able
to arrange that...
--
Champ
neal at champ dot org dot uk