Old January 12th 05, 04:57 PM
MoonMan

pete devlin wrote:
In message , MoonMan
writes
In the UK at least in the eastern region, Helmets are required for
racing. at FIS level they are not required for slalom, yet.

Originally we introduced the requirement to stop teenage boys saying
"but xxx doesn't wear one so why should I?" but now it's been taken
ut of our hands, the insurance companies require it!

AFAIAA it is only compulsory for downhill. I'm not sure about Super G
but you can still do GS and slalom without a helmet.

I'm waiting for a PC to install windows, so I checked the FIS rules. They
are as follows

Downhill - Helmets Mandatory for all
Super-G - Helmets mandatory for all
GS - Helmets mandatory for children, Juniors and Masters
Slalom - no regulation (apart from design and size of sponsors logos)

These where the 2004 rules from The FIS Website.

--
Chris *:-)

Downhill Good, Uphill BAD!

www.suffolkvikings.org.uk