View Single Post
Old April 29th 04, 04:15 PM
Cloutier Jim
external usenet poster

Default What do you all want to read about?

--0-1155807740-1083254702=:56301
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii

Mr. Vordenberg,

My two cents. Information related to making XC skiing better is ultimately the value-add of your website. That is a primary reason I enjoy the email strings of this forum so much. If I could take the 'lessons learned' from the responses to a topic and store it in a website for future reference, that would be valuable to me. Might even pay for it.

One other thought...sometimes 'reading' isn't what I want to do, but 'gaining information' is. Conveying information visually is a powerful way to teach. The use of video, animated simulations and interaction with the information make the learning experience much richer, and enjoyable. Drills, techniques, helpful hints could all be done in this 'rich' medium.

Again........just my thoughts.........Jim Cloutier

Pete Vordenberg wrote:
Dear ski friends The Athletes of the US Cross Country Ski Team lead
by Andrew Johnson, have put together a fund raising project which
includes a web site www.teamtoday.org that we will be up dating
regularly.
What I want to know is what the ski community wants from a web site.
There are a lot of great sites that deliver a lot of great info
(skinnyski, fasterskier, xcskiworld, usskiteam, skipost - etc). We
want to complement rather than compete with these existing sites.
Taking into account that this will be run by the athletes and to a
lesser degree the staff of the US team what do you want to read about?
So far we have thought to write up training, racing and random
stories, training info, training and camp opportunities, preparation
ideas etc. In other words what can we do through this site to help
the American ski community?
The next question is what can we do to get the American ski public
involved in supporting the athletes of the US Team? How can we get
more people to contribute?

Besides raising money for the athletes' training and racing, we want
to bring skiing to a new level in the US. We hope our efforts both
through racing and communicating with the public help with this goal.
You can email me if you'd like but even better please post your ideas
here.

www.teamtoday.org

Thanks for your ideas, support and enthusiasm for cross-country ski
racing,

Pete Vordenberg
US Cross-Country Ski Team Assistant Coach

Cloutier Concept & Design
13629 46th Street NE
St. Michael, MN 55376
(c) 612.386.3346
www.cc-d.com

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)

---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
Win a $20,000 Career Makeover at Yahoo! HotJobs
--0-1155807740-1083254702=:56301
Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii

DIV
DIVMr. Vordenberg,/DIV
DIV /DIV
DIVMy two cents. Information related to making XC skiing better is ultimately the value-add of your website.  That is a primary reason I enjoy the email strings of this forum so much.  If I could take the 'lessons learned' from the responses to a topic and store it in a website for future reference, that would be valuable to me.  Might even pay for it./DIV
DIV /DIV
DIVOne other thought...sometimes 'reading' isn't what I want to do, but 'gaining information' is.  Conveying information visually is a powerful way to teach.  The use of video, animated simulations and interaction with the information make the learning experience much richer, and enjoyable.  Drills, techniques, helpful hints could all be done in this 'rich' medium./DIV
DIV /DIV
DIVAgain........just my thoughts.........Jim CloutierBRBRBIPete Vordenberg >/I/B wrote:/DIV
BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid"Dear ski friends The Athletes of the US Cross Country Ski Team leadBRby Andrew Johnson, have put together a fund raising project whichBRincludes a web site www.teamtoday.org that we will be up datingBRregularly.BRWhat I want to know is what the ski community wants from a web site. BRThere are a lot of great sites that deliver a lot of great infoBR(skinnyski, fasterskier, xcskiworld, usskiteam, skipost - etc). WeBRwant to complement rather than compete with these existing sites. BRTaking into account that this will be run by the athletes and to aBRlesser degree the staff of the US team what do you want to read about?BRSo far we have thought to write up training, racing and randomBRstories, training info, training and camp opportunities, preparationBRideas etc. In other words what can we do through this site to helpBRthe American ski community?BRThe !
next
question is what can we do to get the American ski publicBRinvolved in supporting the athletes of the US Team? How can we getBRmore people to contribute?BRBRBesides raising money for the athletes' training and racing, we wantBRto bring skiing to a new level in the US. We hope our efforts bothBRthrough racing and communicating with the public help with this goal.BRYou can email me if you'd like but even better please post your ideasBRhere.BRBRwww.teamtoday.orgBRBRTha nks for your ideas, support and enthusiasm for cross-country skiBRracing,BRBRPete VordenbergBRUS Cross-Country Ski Team Assistant CoachBRBRBRBR/BLOCKQUOTE/DIVBRBRDIV
PFONT face=arialFONT size=1FONT color=#800000STRONGCloutier Concept & DesignBR13629 46th Street NEBRSt. Michael, MN  55376/STRONG/FONT/FONT/FONTFONT face=arialFONT size=1FONT color=#800000STRONGBR(c) 612.386.3346BR/STRONGA href="http://www.cc-d.com/"STRONGwww.cc-d.com/STRONG/A/FONT/FONT/FONT/P
DIV
DTFONT face=arialFONT size=1STRONGFONT color=#800000/FONT/STRONG/FONT/FONT /DT
DTFONT face=arialFONT size=1STRONGFONT color=#800000"If a man does his best, what else is there?"/FONT/STRONG BR- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)/FONT/FONT/DT/DIV/DIVp
hr size=1font face=arial size=-1Do you Yahoo!?bra href="http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/hotjobs/hotjobs_mail_signature_footer_textlink/evt=23983/*http://hotjobs.sweepstakes.yahoo.com/careermakeover"Win a $20,000 Career Makeover at Yahoo! HotJobs /a
--0-1155807740-1083254702=:56301--

Ads