Old April 3rd 04, 03:10 PM
Richard Henry

Default NOW Elvis FINALLY has left the building.

"Inger Skramstad Jørstad" wrote in message
Today is Saturday before Easter, and tomorrow I will drive up in the
mountains to a small mountain cabin on an altitude of around 1.500 metres,
or around 4.500 feet. This is nothing in the Alps or in North America, but
is more than enough here in subarctic Scandinavia. The cabin is very
primitive with no extras, not even electricity, so we use wax candles and
parafine, and lots of stored firewood. Same procedure as every Easter for
me, this is, you know. We get drinking water from a hole in a nearby
mountain lake, and melt snow in addition to this for washing purposes.

There
is not much up there except reindeer, some foxes and grouses, and the odd
wolverine, but the ice fishing is great (mainly perch, mountain trout and
red mountain trout). We use mainly live bait, like fly worms or maggots. I
will do a little easy alpine skiing, some telemark skiing, but mainly XC
(cross-country) skiing, since the conditions up there are really just like
tailor-made for this type of skiing, you know. Happy Easter Holidays!!
See you all in October or maybe November, then.

Do you drop the live bait in the same hole where you get your drinking
water?