Old December 14th 14, 02:31 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Default Pineapple Express

On Saturday, December 13, 2014 7:59:11 AM UTC-8, pigo wrote:
On Friday, December 12, 2014 4:24:59 PM UTC-7, Richard Henry wrote:

I've heard 14" of rain in one spot in N. Cal. Big Sur got a lot too. But I bet most of that just runs back into the ocean. I hope some of that comes in places that it can run into a reservoir. I also heard about the high winds at Mammoth. That could drive some of that wet glop into a good base.

But I'm going to Phoenix Friday. Mmmmmmmmm warm!

Reservoir levels up north show sharp jumps, but they are still way below average and there usually a jump at this time of year anyway. The truth will be in the depth of the snowpack we get this year.

http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cdecapp/res...phsMain.action