Old December 13th 14, 06:13 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

Default Pineapple Express

On 12/12/2014 03:24 PM, Richard Henry wrote:
Maybe this is the beginning of the predicted El Nino winter. Here in
SD County, it has been raining steadily all day, enough to soak the
ground, but not quite to cause the drainage swales around the house
to run. Further north, the rain was heavier, closing a few roads and
sinking a few houses in mud.

The webcams at Mammoth showed snow coming down all day, and the
sensors showed a foot or so accumulated overnight (although the
online weather said winds were over 100 mph at the peak).

At Big Bear, the lake is filling up, but I couldn't tell from the
webcams if it was properly snowing or just foggy. This is a warm
storm originating out in the Pacific near Hawaii, so it may just turn
to rain down at the base.

They claimed it was snowing and expected a foot overnight. Still not
enough, but getting there...

Heavy rain here and in Glendale, but by the time we got into LA around
11:00 it was lovely and sunny.

--
Cheers, Bev
All the toilets were stolen out of the police station.