Old January 20th 04, 07:37 PM
Chris Cline

Default sknyski's "old school" world tour 2004

--0-1364811530-1074630612=:56778

Hi Ken-
Sorry to have missed you on your swing through Utah. But I was enjoying my respite from the inversion fog in the Salt Lake Valley by experiencing Sun Valley living up to its name. After 6 days there, I'd also have to put the Ketchum/Sun Valley/Galena Lodge area up to the top of the list of backcountry-track areas. Even above SLC. The other great thing about Sun Valley backcountry is that there's hardly any one in it, as opposed to the sometimes crowded ridges in the relatively compact central Wasatch.

Good thing Sun Valley's only 250 miles away from SLC!

Oh yeah- they have MUCH better beer there!

Chris Cline

Ken Roberts wrote:
Some things I've noticed on Sharon and my vacation here in Utah:

-- some backcountry skiers have a strong appetite for planning trips to
other regions and other countries (more than XC track skiers). We've spent
hours talking about Canada and France and Austria with some of Salt Lake
backcountry friends. So if you want to raise your odds of finding
enthusiastic travel partners and planners, get involved with backcountry
skiers.

-- We probably would not have chosen to come to Salt Lake if we were looking
for a pure cross country track skiing vacation. But for the _combination_
of backcountry + XC, Utah jumps to the top tier. So far out of
four-and-a-half days in Salt Lake, I've done two steep-ish backcountry
tours, four XC track sessions, and one lift-served downhill day.

Adding backcountry skiing to the mix expands the list of "good" places to
go. In our modern world of questionable snow conditions, having a longer
list of travel destinations is a big help.

Ken

--0-1364811530-1074630612=:56778

DIVHi Ken-/DIV
DIVSorry to have missed you on your swing through Utah.  But I was enjoying my respite from the inversion fog in the Salt Lake Valley by experiencing Sun Valley living up to its name.  After 6 days there, I'd also have to put the Ketchum/Sun Valley/Galena Lodge area up to the top of the list of backcountry-track areas.  Even above SLC.  The other great thing about Sun Valley backcountry is that there's hardly any one in it, as opposed to the sometimes crowded ridges in the relatively compact central Wasatch./DIV
DIV /DIV
DIVGood thing Sun Valley's only 250 miles away from SLC!/DIV
DIV /DIV
DIVOh yeah- they have MUCH better beer there!/DIV
DIV /DIV
DIVChris ClineBRBRBIKen Roberts >/I/B wrote:/DIV
BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid"Some things I've noticed on Sharon and my vacation here in Utah:BRBR-- some backcountry skiers have a strong appetite for planning trips toBRother regions and other countries (more than XC track skiers). We've spentBRhours talking about Canada and France and Austria with some of Salt LakeBRbackcountry friends. So if you want to raise your odds of findingBRenthusiastic travel partners and planners, get involved with backcountryBRskiers.BRBR-- We probably would not have chosen to come to Salt Lake if we were lookingBRfor a pure cross country track skiing vacation. But for the _combination_BRof backcountry + XC, Utah jumps to the top tier. So far out ofBRfour-and-a-half days in Salt Lake, I've done two steep-ish backcountryBRtours, four XC track sessions, and one lift-served downhill day.BRBRAdding backcountry skiing to the mix expands the list of "!
good"
places toBRgo. In our modern world of questionable snow conditions, having a longerBRlist of travel destinations is a big help.BRBRKenBRBRBRBRBRBR/BLOCKQUOTEphr SIZE=1
Do you Yahoo!?br
Yahoo! Hotjobs: a href="http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/hotjobs/mail_footer_email/evt=21482/*http://hotjobs.sweepstakes.yahoo.com/signingbonus"Enter the "Signing Bonus" Sweepstakes/a
--0-1364811530-1074630612=:56778--