Old October 5th 08, 10:22 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
MadCow

Default Early snow

In message , Ian Blake
writes
During an anything but work moment I looked at www.snoweye.com and saw a
sprinkling of snow on the ground in Tignes Lac and Avoriaz. So the snowline
seems to be 2000m in Tarentaise and 1850m in Portes du Soleil.

I expect it will melt before enough to ski is added but it still pleases me.

I went walking in the Dolomites last week.
On Monday it was shorts and sun cream, on Friday it snowed - which
scuppered the plan for Saturday. It looked really pretty in the
sunshine though.

BTW have you ever wondered why there are always cowpats under the snow?
The locals were industriously spreading all their piled-up manure on the
pistes!

--
Sue ]