Old February 27th 06, 02:35 AM

Default Salomon X Adventure. . .Adventure

Fitzharris Ski in St. Cloud, MN has these on sale for $130 skis, boots
and bindings. I wanted some skis that fit in my car trunk so I got a
pair.

I took some telemark lessons at Trollhaugen and was pleased to find
that I was able to do some modest tele turns on Bjorkdahl and not spend
too much time falling down. I have no pevious downhill skiing
experience so this was a very nice introduction particularly being able
to skip the lift lines and ski up. The X Adventure of course does not
kick and glide for beans but I like a nice walk anyway.

Can anyone recommend a beginners back country ski experience within a
five hour drive from Minneapolis?

Thanks much,
Ed V.