Old October 31st 04, 07:28 PM
Martino

Awesome. Thanks.
"Bill Seddon" wrote in message

"Roger" wrote in message
m...
"Martino" wrote in message
I am planning a trip from Seattle, WA and it looks like air connections
are
the most convenient and affordable to Geneva or Lyon. Can anyone offer
suggestions about the best way to get to any of the Les Trois Vallées
villages from any of these airports? There will be 6 of us so renting

passenger car is not an option (plus we might most likely won't need

the
car
while in the area). Local plane, train, bus, or even taxi seem like

good
options. Convenience is the goal without going completely broke :-))
Thank much.

You may well be able to rent an MPV that will be big enough.

For taxis - I've not used these guys but they (somewhat cheekily)
posted to this ng so I book marked it for future ref -
http://www.lyontaxiprestige.com/accueilgb.html

There is an air strip in Courhevel but one gets the impression it's
mainly for the rich and famous - but I could be wrong. Besides, flying
into the mountains would scare the cr*p out of me on a good weather
day and be prone to delays in bad weather. I've only ever seen Cesna
type plane land here so possibly too small for 6.

There is a train station at Moutier which serves the 3 Vals - I've
never looked into it but there must be a rail service from Lyon - try
raileurope.co.uk/. From the station there are regular buses to the
resort and a taxi will be significantly cheaper than from Lyon.

Good luck.

Have a look here, http://www.latania.co.uk/resort/transfers.htm

Bill