Old September 27th 06, 12:01 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
David Spencer

Default Alta - Snowbird

"eblaster" writes:

My 14 yo son and I are considering skiing Alta & Snowbird next Februrary,
does anyone have any recommendations on lodging?

My wife, son (now 12) and I usually stay at the Snowpine. It's
comfortable, the owners and staff are very nice, the food is quite
good as ski lodges go, and they have some fun activities.

Friends and we have also stayed at the Peruvian and the Rustler. The
Peruvian is a frat house. The Rustler is the top end at Alta;
comfortable with amenities like a pool and sauna (but definitely not
the Beaver Creek Ritz Carlton).

Breakfast and dinner are included in the room price at all three. The
food at the Rustler and Snowpine is quite good -- about the level of a
Hyatt. Winelists are limited to a few inexpensive but good wines.
The Peruvian is (as mentioned) more casual.

All three have dorm rooms as well as lodge rooms. The dorm rooms are
inexpensive.

There's basically nothing to do at Alta except ski, eat at your lodge,
and sleep. Which is just fine with me.

Did I mention that the skiing is fantastic? Alta after a big dump is
heaven.

--
dhs