Old August 11th 03, 03:25 AM
Let Mikey Ski It!

lal_truckee wrote:

On the other hand, the unprocessed vers is too blue - common for snow
pictures, the tree wood is too dark, and the skier is washed out. I
prefer the second vers; I think the overall brightness could be reduced
(but that's probably my screen.) ....

The pics I posted are seriously reduced to a 30% quality jpeg and then
doing some sharpening so it is hard to see what I see on my calibrated
screen. The main point was to say how incredible Photoshop is with its
infinite number of ways to improve a picture. I just keep making great
discoveries.

I took a little more care reducing this one, processed as before, backlit
skier, bluish snow. The colors still wash out a bit when I reduce and
squeeze the quality just a bit:

http://homepage.mac.com/saemisch/Temp/DSC_2697.jpg

Mike...

--
Littleton, Colorado (reply to msaemisch at yahoo dot com)
See my ski photography at: http://PowderDay.us