Old January 10th 05, 01:55 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-01-10, ant penned:
"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message
When instructors, friends, etc, try to get me to feel the point where my
boots are providing all of my support, I never seem to find it, whether on
my old boots (salomon evolution) or my new (salomon women's xwave 8). It
*always* seems like my quads are involved.

You should not try to use your boots to "hold you up". A terrible habit, we
see a lot of it in the US. I have been skiing with my top buckle undone this
last week, just to fine-tune my balance a bit more and to prevent me using
any kind of fore-aft leverage in my boots.

Sore quads are invariably caused by the hips being back (just half an inch
is all it takes), which is a common skiing position of many.

Sorry to be a pain, but can you find an online picture that demonstrates the
proper body position? I've heard that I should be forward, and I've heard
that (with modern skis) I shouldn't have to bend my knees excessively. I've
also heard that I should imagine a line through my feet, knees, and (hands?
head?), which seems like I'd *have* to bend my knees a lot. So confused =/

--
monique
Longmont, CO