Old November 11th 04, 05:48 AM
Hank Sniadoch

I wasn't impressed with any of the ski areas in Aspen .... I didn't like the
long bus ride to Snowmass either. I'd prefer to ski Vail ..... Jackson Hole
...... even Steamboat ......
"Dave Stallard" wrote in message
J. Urrrk wrote:

Snowmass is worth a full vacation by itself, and given it's location
(a long way from nowhere, except Aspen) it prolly should be
considered as such.

Agree, though, on my Snowmass trip, I skiied a day each at Aspen Highlands
and Aspen mountain proper, aka Ajax. I thought Highlands was a lot of
fun, mostly because of the long, long cruise you can take down the center
of the thing. But I think one day would be enough for Highlands.

Ajax itself I didn't think was anything so great as far as intermediate
terrain goes. Very small area by western standards. But, it's right
there in town, and of course has the fabled name. Maybe we could call it
the Stowe of the West?

There's also Buttermilk (whoops, they've probably changed the name by
now), but that's very small and more of a beginner mountain. Never been
there.

Dave