Old March 13th 04, 01:37 PM
Mark Moore

Default DIY Rollerskis from NordicPro website

Jeff Potter wrote in message ...
Someone provided this link recently:

http://www.skiroller.de/pl_ersatzteile.html

It looks cool and I emailed the contact person.

I don't know German very well.

It looks like you can compile a cheap set of rollerskis just from the
parts shown. True?

I see that wheels are 17 euros...or is that 17x4? Beams are 22.50...or
is that 22.50x2? Can someone determine what a whole set's worth of parts
would actually cost here, ballpark?

Is there a clutch offered in all this?

They offer complete classic rollerskis for 178euro...but it looks like
maybe bindings are included.

Ya know there's a GORGEOUS website (for an Other Interest of mine) for
DIY kit knives that are just a leetle nicer than usual:
http://knifekits.com. Looks like you pay $60 for the parts to make a
$200 knife. Cool...

--

Jeff Potter
****

Jeff:

Check out this site again:
http://jesenik.com/rollerski_en/onas.php

They sell individual parts, and you COULD put a pair
together...although I did the math and it really wasn't worth it.

Now, this is my fourth or fifth post about these rollerskis, so PLEASE
believe me that I am NOT affiliated with the site in any way. I just
think these are a good rollerski for a good price.

Will the masses swamp them with orders? Probably not. There are still
a lot of folks who want to "touch and feel" a product before they
buy...and that's fine. I will admit that before I ordered I asked a
lot of questions. But, in all honesty, an aluminum shaft can only be
crafted a certain way. The only difference between these rollerskis,
the Elpex and Swenor is that: The Elpex are a tad shorter and have mud
guards, and the Swenors have a ever-so-slight bend at each end of the
shaft (I assume to lower the center of gravity). I've skiied on all
three, and I really can't tell a difference (given if they are set up
all the same).

I don't blame ski shops for pricing the rollerskis the way they do.
Given the exchange rate, carrying charge of inventory, shipping,
advertising and floor space (or catalog space)...it all adds up and
shops have to AT LEAST break even.

I shop local whenever possible, but I am always interested in trying
new products. And because rollerskiing has become more of a part of my
workout schedule, I needed another pair of rollerskis at a more
affordable price (for me). These rollerskis fit the bill.

Mark Moore