Old May 30th 08, 12:17 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Your Mom Says[_2_]

Default Elan Vector 157

I think renting at least once is a good idea for the following
reason...I have found some near free boards and other gear from people
who bought the stuff without knowing what they were getting into, hated
it (or better sucked at it and didnt want to persevere), and sold off
their new stuff for cheap. So, 1. you wanna make sure you enjoy it
before investing $300+ and 2. maybe you can benefit from some other
knucklehead who wasted his money in this way.

wrote:
Well... I know skiing and I'm not sure does it helps me in riding a
board... :$ (?)

I don't how about you guys, but I've just read, from local shop's
website, that renting (boots+bindings+board) costs a little more than
$20... I find it pretty expensive if you take in consideration that I
can get a board, boots OR bindings for just 3 of those rides. I mean,
it's not that I'm Rockefeller...
The above idea of renting got into my head as well, but I wasn't
really sure how much will it REALLY pay me out, due to pricing, and,
actually, that's the main reason why I came here for - to ask you,
pro's, for a bit of advice and help...
When I'm already buying something, let it be the RIGHT stuff...

And as for crashes... I fell from bicycle a day before yesterday and
almost lost my jaw. Lucky for me, I got thru just with few future
scars and lot of scratches...