Old January 6th 04, 03:47 AM
sknyski

Default First Race

I'm confused and dyslexic so don't listen to me, but I'd say that in the US
one should always pass on the left, as with a car. Slower skiers stay right.
I mean, they seem to tend to do this. Left lane for passing in a two-track
set-up. So I end saying "On your left." Here in the States. Does everyone
else say "On your right"??

Now that I think about it, you might be right. I guess it just
depends on which side of the trail the duffer is on. I go wherever
there is room, since the hard-of-hearing slowpokes we encounter out
here get startled and do dumb things when you surprise them.

If you want to ski with Scandis and can't go overseas, head to the UP.

Dude, please. I've been to the UP (Junior Olympics in Ishpeming,
1983, WA-HOO!) and if I'm going to travel anywhere to ski I'm going to
avoid a place where the main form of communication is grunting,
walking upright is considered sophisticated, and you have to kill your
dinner each afternoon. (c'mon, I'm kidding. relax.)

You need to ski, man!

19 days so far, Potter. Since I live 4 hours away from snow country,
I am allowed to apply the Flatlander Multiplier to this count to
yield, let's see....add 2 and drop the 9....multiply by 4.......... =
126 days on snow thus far this season, had I lived among the white
stuff!!! Pretty good!!!

bt