Old October 2nd 06, 11:21 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default Hand injury due to straps in first RS outing... rats...

Bjorn A. Payne Diaz wrote:
wrote:
I notice that I fairly often get hand/joint/tendon strains from skiing.
Is it inevitable with all that hammering on the hands in straps? Do
folks just try different set-ups til they find one that works? Are some
set-ups known to be great on hands?

--JP

I have hand problems too. Try hanging onto the pole tighter so the hand
doesn't fold over itself. Also, I think the tendons/ligaments will get
used to poling if you don't overdo it when you start out.

Jay

Do what I do... Don't rollerski that much...

J Tegeder
"On the podium if the right people don't show up!" JT