Old September 4th 03, 07:03 PM
Bob Creasote

Default Inliner speed vs. Rollerski speed

I just checked JaneG's site and there is the rollerski WM from last year or
something. Crazy fast too. I have a **** load of work to do on this.

"Jeff Potter" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
.. .
I spose you'd want to check out the speeds of rollerski races to see how

skis
really can do compared to inlines.

They seem darn fast! With maybe the small final diff due to the number of
wheels.

Is there a race rollerski rule restricting to 2 wheels? To a free heel?

That
all seems dumb. It seems like they skate like inliners when that's fastest

then
use poles up the big hills when that's fastest. If inlines are fastest

overall
then rollerskiers should be inlining...they shouldn't even bring poles

onto the
course. If I was fastest in a ski race without my poles I wouldn't bring

them.
How could there be a technical difference between SKIING and SKATING?

--

Jeff Potter
****