Old January 4th 04, 02:05 PM
Jürgen Schmadlak

Default Snowboarding or skiing?

Joe Ramirez wrote:

1. Am I correct about the learning curves of boarding vs. skiing? If not,
what's the reality?

I was skiing vor 15 years. Then I paused for 15 years and started
snowboarding in 2002 at the age of 36.

As a beginner it is easier to go down the trail without eating snow
by ski. After your second day on the board you will understand what
*real* muscular strain is. Skiing is easier but boarding is more
fun.

2. If you both ski and ride, which do you prefer, and why? If you ride but
don't ski, do you have any sense that you're missing out on an important
part of the winter mountain experience?

Now, in 2. season, I come down the hill on my board as well as I
came down on ski 15 years ago. I will never go back to ski.

3. I understand that virtually all ski resorts now welcome snowboarders as
well. But are there any "skiers only" trails or slopes?

No, I never seen anything like this here in *Europe*.

4. If I took up snowboarding and persevered long enough to become a decent
rider, would I be able to hit the slopes with the brother and/or
brother-in-law (I mean the ones within my capabilities)? Or is there
something awkward about going snowboarding with skiers? Does one get "left
in the dust," so to speak?

Yes, you can hit the slopes with skiers. But remember, skiers are
not cool enough for a real boarder :-)

--
Satisfy your thirst for life!
NP: Limp Bizkit - Just Like This