Old September 6th 06, 01:32 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
mountainwalker

Default S-Lab Carbon Skate and RS Carbon Skate AND Active 8 M's & Vitane 8 W's Skate Boots

About to pick up roller ski skate equipment (which I'll also use for
skate skiing). Can anyone comment on the above Salomon skates for fit
and performance? I heard the same Salomon Carbon models last season
has a narrow toe box. Is this still true? I have a slightly wide foot
(usually take a normal width and only sometimes an E depending on the
cut of a boot/shoe).

Also, how do the Carbon's compare to the Active 8 and Vitane 8 boots?

I plan to use these 4 seasons (even in the middle of summer). While I
think the black boots look nice, they'll probably be a little hotter in
summer. Hope one of the boot companies will one day come out with
summer roller ski skate boots. Hopefully the sport will expand enough
for this to happen.

Thanks for your thoughts.