Old July 13th 03, 01:38 PM
H. R. Bob Hofmann

Default Summer skiing (was good snow december time in serre chevalier ??

"Let Mikey Ski It!" wrote in message ...
H. R. Bob Hofmann wrote:

Mike, I assume you started out somewhere between Rock Cut and Forest
Canyon overlook, those are the two parking places on my topo map of
RMNP. Any better description of the starting point?

Your start at the Rock Cut parking lot. Take the paved hiking path to the
end and go around the rocks on the left to where the snow starts.

If you go, you must post pics.

Mike...

Hi Mike:

Thanx for the response. I won't be in RMNP until July 22 or
thereabouts, so don't plan on taking skiis. I am planning my 19th
climb up Long's Peak for my summer RMNP adventure, but if I get up on
Trail Ridge Rd I will stop at Rock Cut and see what you guys did. I
enjoyed your pix. What kind of a camera do you use? I have a Sony
2.8 mpixel camera I was given in Tokyo a couple of years ago when I
spoke to the Japanese equivalent of Underwriters Labs (UL). It takes
great pictures, but I don't take too many skiing pictures because the
easy skiing I do does not lend itself to very dramatic pictures like
the ones you posted.

Bob Hofmann