Old August 29th 03, 01:36 PM
MoonMan

Default Why Is Austria Skiing Dirt Cheap For USA Right Now?

In , Alex Heney typed:
On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 12:13:37 +0100, "MoonMan"
wrote:

snip

Bottom posting is a pain! it is a remnant of using teletypes. Why
can't we move with the technology?

Because it is NOTHING to do with teletypes.

Bottom posting is the norm because that is the way we read.

the norm with email is to add your comment at the top, this is why OE
defaults to it. it makes life simpler because the text which you have
responded to is always immediatly below what you are typing. this is still
linear text with the most relevant information at the top and older less
relevant information after it, much more logical and much more usable.

Do you not like HTML because it isn't "the way we read"?

obski the snow comes first, then we ski on top of it!

--
Chris *:-)

Downhill Good, Uphill BAD!

www.suffolkvikings.org.uk

I only bottom post, because if you don't you get shouted at. If
people snipped irrelevant text it would not be such a problem, but
they don't and I get ****ed off by having to scroll down through
reams of stuff I have read before to find a 1 line silly comment at
the bottom. if it was top posted life would be much simpler!

Only if you are not interested in the context.

I quite agree that there are too many people who don't snip properly,
but that is actually seen more in top posters than bottom.

If you are actually interested in the context, then top posting is
*much* harder to read, because you have to skip backwards and
forwards.