Old February 3rd 05, 02:13 AM
lonerider

Baka Dasai wrote:
You could try a boot/binding combination that does not cause pain

like
that.

Like these boots:

http://www.bomberonline.com/store/boots/deeluxe.cfm

Seriously. Other people have switched to hard boots for the exact

same
reason.

I don't see how you can say that - if you look on the Bomber forums...
a good number of the postings are people asking about how to get their
boots to fit right and how their feet kill in their hardboots - the
main replies are almost exactly the same as the ones posted he

- get custom footbed ($150)
- get moldable liners ($150)
- get custom bootfitting from a knowledgeable bootfitter ($50-$100).

Actually... it seems like most hardbooters fit terribly out of the box
because of the hard shell, where as many softboots, while not great,
are rideable as is. For one thing... ordering online is just really not
the greatest of ideas for boots and you almost have to do that for
hardboots.

So back to the original point, I'm sure some people have noticed that
hardboots happen to fit them better after switching, but I don't see
hardboots as a general solution to bootfit issues - it's just silly in
that you are changing some many other factors as well (would be like
switching from a sedan to a motorcycle because you don't like the way
the driver seat feels).