Old February 21st 10, 05:36 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Terje Mathisen[_2_]

Default Bjørgen is Back! (with a vengeance?)

Edgar wrote:
Terje,

I am probably loosing something in the translation of the Afterposten
explaination about Petter's skis:
"Aftenposten har fått informasjon som tyder på at Northugs Fischer-ski
har gått gjennom en slipemaskin som trolig utelukkende har vært
benyttet på Madshus-ski."

Why whould the Fisher skis be damaged by a grinding machine set up for
Madshus skis? Did the Afterposten article really refer to the Fishers
needing a different grind for its flex pattern?

If they did, I suspect they don't know what they are talking about. :-(

It does look like they have had an "inside tip" from somebody on or
close to the waxing team, but grinding patterns should not depend on the
name on the top of the ski?

On a different note, it looks like third place Olsson was holding
Norwegian Madshus skis.

Petter had a not quite top day, then he had to ski for a short distance
with a single pole, at the exact same time as his group was catching up
to Olsson.

As Thomas Alvsgaard said during and just after the race: "If Petter had
been in top shape, he would only have needed a few seconds to catch up
to the group."

Re. ski grinding: It did look like Petter had slightly worse glide than
a couple of the other leaders on the skate part, but the difference must
have been very marginal.

Terje
- Terje.Mathisen at tmsw.no